Tuesday, September 1, 2009

9/1/09

Stress = hives
Back in Dec. 2007/ Jan. 2008 I was starting to see James one-on-one and dealing with Jack stuff.
Around that same time our dog had puppies and I all of a sudden started to constantly break out in hives. At first we could not figure out why. I thought it was a food allergy. I switched my diet around and still was breaking out in hives. I had never before in my life ever had hives. My Grandma told me that when she was a kid she got them everyday for weeks/ months and no one ever knew why. Okay, maybe it is a weird genetic thing? The only thing I didn't change was touching the puppies. Eventually the hives stopped, but within a year I broke out a few more times after being around other dogs. I came to the conclusion that I must be allergic to dogs.

Friday after my visit with James I was on my way to my friends house and I realized that I was getting hives again, on their favorite spot, my legs. I started thinking about it. Our dog had another litter of puppies, I never broke out. What is the common thing going on here? Seeing James !!! Oh my gosh, that's it! It has been all the stress that counseling brings that has been causing my hives all along. I better stock up on Benadryl...

No comments:

Post a Comment