Monday, September 21, 2009

9/21/09

Visit #5 and 6
Yes it has been a crazy week to say the least. After 5 + years of marriage we are still learning more and more about each other. But then again, I don't think you ever stop. Things are great between us, we are still learning new and important things. I have been surprised and have laughed about our discovery this week. Sometimes it feels as if Brad is holding something back. As you can imagine it causes suspicions. After a visit with James on Tuesday and getting nowhere all week, we finally sat down Thursday night to talk. I told him that I felt like he was hiding something from me and I didn't care what it was (really, I just like the truth) just TELL me! He finally spit it out, he has been hiding his feelings and emotions! Sometimes I can be way too sensitive and I know that. He has been afraid that by saying something he will hurt my feelings. In hiding his feelings from me it has seemed like a bigger deal then it is. So he happened to have Friday off and went with me to see James.

I have found this so humorous because I was the Queen of "I don't know" and hiding/ stuffing my feelings and emotions! So we are working on it.

Friday night I flashed back to doing the Trading Post in SOLE. That's when I gave up my being closed up/ hiding and stuffing my feelings and emotions. I had my husband do it, although I did get some giggles from him and my friend who was there when I said "Picture a purple and gold Miss American banner" I had to start about 3 times before I got him to be serious!

I (and now my husband too) Traded: Being closed up for a banner and string

Picture a purple and gold Miss American banner which says "I Don't Know" draped across you. You look down and read the words and you rip it off and stomp it on the ground. "I don't know" is gone forever. Then you notice a string with a ring on it, and when you pull it your true feelings come out. "I miss you, Mom", "I love you, husband", "I am angry at you, Dad". You pull the string over and over with no fear and you say what you are thinking and feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment