Saturday, October 17, 2015

10/17/15

We had to run to the store on our way to my Grandpa's birthday party. We went in, got what we needed and Brad kept going and looking at others things and was taking forever! We finally paid and were on our way out the doors when I noticed a man walking into the store right in front of us. I knew that I knew him right away, but it took a second to realized who it was... Bishop M.

We stopped to talk for a minute. He asked how I've been, really good. It's been many years since I have talked to him. He commented on how cute my kids are and it looked like things were going well for us. He again asked how things have been, great really great!

I told Brad what a crazy coincidence it was to run into him! A few days ago I realized I missed a bunch of journal entries to post on here from when he was my bishop and I started counseling. So just the other day as I was entering them in I was thinking about him.

It is kind of weird to think that essentially it was Bishop M who got me to where I am today! It felt so good to see him and be able to tell him that I am doing great! I wish I had time to tell him how drastically my life has changed in the past 12 years, how vital counseling has been in my life and everything else!

Many things had to happen when I was a teenager to bring me to a certain point to change. First, this day, that was the first time I opened up to him and started to trust him. Then this day when I started cutting, that day changed my whole life. When I told Hayley she told me I needed to tell Bishop M. Not only was she (still is) my best friend, we also grew up in the same ward and she had a closer relationship with Bishop M then I did, so she knew how important it was for me to talk to him. Of course when I did talk to him (here) he recommended counseling, which I eventually agreed to and it changed everything! I wouldn't be who I am today if I had not gone to counseling and he was the one who convinced me I needed to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment