Thursday, October 15, 2015

10/12/2015

Sometimes I wonder, maybe, just maybe because I don't like Grandpa I look for ways to prove I'm right. Maybe if I looked a little hard, dropped my judgement of him that he is this abusive jerk I might see the good in him.

Saturday I asked him a simple question, expecting a nice answer. Silly me, him be nice? Never, at least in his own home when others aren't around. Our family had just thrown him a birthday party. Everyone who lives in town came and we drove the 200 miles to be there. (okay, he wasn't the only reason why we went down. I mainly went to give my Grandma her ipad she forgot at my house because I didn't want to mail it and have something happen to it!) Back to Grandpa... It was a BIG birthday for him, he turned 80! There was dinner, cake, ice cream, presents, grandkids to play with. For some reason I thought, This was a nice party, who wouldn't enjoy it or appreciate it?

After we got back to their house I asked him, "Did you enjoy your party?". This was me trying to be friendly and not ignore him the whole time, trying to be positive and upbeat instead of looking for the negative. Grandpa, "Ehh. I mustered through with dealing with the family. At least the missionaries weren't there!" Seriously? I'm so glad I drove 200 miles to be with you when you had to muster through your party! I stood there and all I could think was, "He is such a jerk!" as I walked away.

I try with him, I really do, but I'm getting tired of trying when I know deep down it will get us nowhere!

I seriously want to say, "I give up!" I give up on even trying. I try to be nice, he's a jerk. Something never change.

Brad said something, which lead to us talking about Grandpa"s drinking. I asked him, "So, it's not just me that thinks he is still drinking and at times acts totally drunk? I'm not just seeing what I want to see?". Brad said he has seen it too and is convinced he still is. Heck, even Hayley once asked me if he was still drinking! I know, it's his problem. It's just sad is all. When he decided to get baptized and sobered up he was so nice. I had hope that things would change, which they didn't. Not long after his baptism he became rude again, which is what made us suspect he was drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment