Tuesday, November 11, 2003

11/11/2003

One of the first things Joy said to me when she was me, was how happy I looked, that it was the happiest she has even seen me.

We talked about changing my "thought process". She told me about this "stop" method. When you get bad thoughts (or I start believing my dad) you say stop out loud then you think of a happy moment. We talked about my happy memories, bow I don't really have a lot. Not many with my mom or really very many with my grandparents. Then I thought of one with Sister Parker. While on the trip, and my dad gave me that letter. I felt like he was blaming part of the reason he hasn't joined the church is because of me. It tore me up, how could he do this? What did I do? I thought about what Sister Parker said to me as she hugged me.

As I thought about this experience I almost started crying. Joy asked me who I felt like really cares about me. I knew right away, but it took me a second to tell her, Sister Parker. She smiled & said, "That is who I was thinking too. You know who also really cares about you? Bishop M. He and Bishop W were arguing about who is your bishop and who is going to take over this. Bishop M won. I was all, I figured that. I love Bishop W, but he doesn't stand a chance.

Then as I was leaving she gave me a hug & put her arm around me & told me she really cares about me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment