Sunday, November 9, 2003

11/9/03

Church today was great! I have been struggling with my mom’s death. Last night I didn’t get to sleep until 6:20 am, then I got up at 10 and got ready for church.

Tuesday Sister Parker asked me if I ever felt my mom with me, I told her sometimes.

Tonight someone rang the doorbell, there was a plate of cookies and a note, “To Dawn, Coming your way to brighten your day. We love you, your friends.”


For the first time in my life when I look in the mirror I see this beautiful daughter of God. I can look past all my flaws and mistakes and really see me. Heavenly Father did not put me in these circumstances by mistake, he did not leave me helpless. He knows my strengths and he knew I could handle all of it and that along the way I would find out who I am- a daughter of God. I actually feel like it too. I’m not even sure what has changed so much, but something has.

No comments:

Post a Comment