Thursday, January 10, 2008

1/2008

I just LOVE this letter from Sister Parker. It is from almost 2 years ago. (Jan. 2008) "I'm so impressed with you and I always have been. You're a good good girl from the inside out. I know that you have had a hard life and things have happened to you in your childhood that should not happen to any child. I always felt that your dad was so mean and abusive to you mentally. All you've ever wanted was to love and be love and people that you should have been about to trust have let you down. You're done such a great job of holding your life together and getting the help that you need. You've faced things head on and done what you need to do to get help. I'm glad that you recognized and remembered what happened to you so that you can deal with it and that you are now back in counseling and that it's been wonderful. You have always always been someone very special to me. Somehow God gave me a glimpse of your goodness and greatness and everytime I even think about you I know you're someone very special. You'll be okay. You'll be okay because the Lord will watch over you. You deserve his choicest blessings and He'll never let you down. He's been there all through your life and He'll be there again. Just stay strong in your faith and turn to Father in Heaven and He'll be there for you. Thank you for sharing this with me. I'll keep you in my personal prayers. You have such a positive attitude. I'm impressed that you went through all your journals and have come to the conclusion that as hard as all of this is for you right now that it's easy compared to 4 years ago. I think you're right. You have a wonderful husband, and together you can tackle anything. You've come so far and you know it and you appreciate God's help getting you through it. You're very wise. The Lord has prepared you for this stage of your life. He has whispered through the Spirit that something was wrong and something was happening so and made you strong enough to handle it. What a great way to look at this challenge in your life. I think you're one of the greates people I know. You can handle it because the Lord will help you. I will always try to be here for you. Keep me informed and I'll keep you in my prayers. I love you...I really love you." Doesn't it just make you cry? Well, it makes me cry. I think about all the time I spent talking to her, all the hugs and tears, most of all- all of the support! - Sometimes I do my blog post months in advance. When I decided to put this up as my Christmas post I did not know that Sister Parker s husband would pass away exactly 1 month before Christmas. While Christmas shopping I found this cute little quote by Neal A. Maxwell. It made me think of Sister Parker. I have been meaning to mail it to her and haven't. Well, for Christmas we were down there and dropped it off. It was so good to see her. It has been years since I have seen her! Thank goodness for e-mail! I got home to an e-mail from her... she always makes me cry (or at least tear up)!

No comments:

Post a Comment