Wednesday, July 22, 2015

7/22/15

I'm pacing the halls of my house tonight feeling so anxious about several different things.

There is a lady I have known since 2007, I call her Carol. I met Carol when we were doing foster care. Long story short, a few months ago I overheard Carol talking to someone in my ward she said mentioned that she also works at LDS Family Services. Because of her position with foster care I assumed she must specialize in children. Yet, I kept having these feeling that I should just ask her what she specializes in, but I didn't.

Well, recently Carol moved into my ward. One Sunday I was sitting in front of her as Relief Society was about to start. I turned around and talked to her for a second and then asked her if she was still working at LDS Family Services, which she is. I asked her what she specializes in, she told me depression and anxiety. I told her how I just happened to be seeing someone for depression, but I was looking to switch to someone local. I finally came around on the idea about maybe going through LDS Family Services here once again.

Sunday I was rather excited to make the switch from Joy to someone local. If it was easier, closer, or cheaper to see Joy all the time I would! Unfortunately, it isn't working. I felt comfortable with the idea of Carol being my new counselor... Then I started stressing about it.

WHAT IF I go through LDSFS again, I don't end up with Carol and I have another Aaron experience?!?!

See I over analyze way too much!

I expressed these anxieties to Brad, who of course reminded me it was normal to feel anxious about switching.

No comments:

Post a Comment