Sunday, July 12, 2015

7/12/15

I've seen Joy 3 times now. Each time the topic of my bishop helping with paying had come up.  Each time I have told her that we are just paying for it and I  didn't want to involve my bishop. 
I was being rather stubborn about it.  For the last 3 1/2 years I've been happy with the fact for the first time ever (okay, since I was 18) my Bishop doesn't know my whole life story and dealing with counseling. So having to go to him meant that he WOULD know and I really really really didn't want to change that. Not that I'm secretive about my past, I just didn't want to give my life story yet again. 

My husband and I counted and Bishop D will be the 8th bishop I've had while in counseling. That just seems crazy! The first time I saw Joy I changed wards and then the bishoprick got changed, so there was 3 within just 10 months (Bishop MBishop W and Bishop C). We moved and I started seeing Aaron with Bishop R. We moved yet again and I started seeing James (the first time) with Bishop G. And we moved again (Yes, we have moved a LOT) and I started seeing James the second time with Bishop E. I think my experiences with both Bishop E and Bishop S made me the most nervous about talking to Bishop D. Every time I had talked to both those Bishops I was alone, my husband was at work. Which I hated! 

This time my husband was with me. We went up to Bishop D after sacrament and asked when we could talk to him for a few minutes, right then worked so we headed to his office. We chit-chatted for a minute and then he asked what we wanted to talk about. Brad looked at me, I looked back to him with terror and dread in my eyes and he asked, "Want me to just say it?" "Yes please!". So my husband explained it all very well and didn't dip into my past other then I saw Joy in counseling in Vegas so she was who I wanted to see again. Bishop D said he didn't care who I was seeing or how far away they were, he was willing to help pay half. One thing I liked about talking with Bishop D was he seemed to really care. After my last two bishops I was scared to death I was going to have a repeat. He asked if we knew what my depression stemmed from a hormonal imbalance. We told him how I was seeing Dr. P (who is in our Stake Presidency) and that I was on medication and how well it was working. Bishop D asked a few different time, in a very nice not-prying way, if I had unresolved issues from the past that was contributing to my depression. I vaguely told him that I have beeing in and out of counseling for the past 12 years and I've dealt with all of that.

All in all it was a very good experience, which I think I needed. After the past 2 bishops I was (extremely!) hesitant to ever talk to another bishop again about any problems or counseling!  So thanks you Bishop D for being calm, understanding, caring, non-judgemental, and not rude or negative in any way! 



No comments:

Post a Comment