Wednesday, July 1, 2015

7/1/15

I HATE cleaning, but I LOVE how clean my house is right now.

Today is cleaning day and I decided to tackle the floors. Majority of our house is either hardwood/ linoleum. The only rooms with carpet are the living room and the bedrooms. Vacuuming isn't so hard... sweeping and mopping on the other hand, uggg. It took me almost 2 hours and my hands are blistered. For now I'm taking a break.

I have found that since seeing Joy and going on Wellbutrin I'm a lot more rational, especially with my kids! Before I felt like all I would do was point out what they did wrong. Em always dresses herself and 9 times out of 10 her outfit doesn't match or she will put on all the same color (pink shirt with the same shade of pink leggings). Before I would tell her to go change, she wouldn't want to and an argument would ensue. Now, I'm trying to accept that she has her own sense of style and what she wants to wear. Yesterday she came out with all pink on. I told her, "Thank you for getting dressed all by your self. That's a cute outfit, but it might look better if you put on different colored pants." She ended up changing her outfit like 3 times, I can't even remember what she wore majority of the day. Today she came out and asked me to help her get dressed. She handed me the outfit and I told her, "Pink leggings would look better with this." She told me she wanted to put on the purple. I told her Okay and helped her get dressed. Before I would get so uptight about her outfit matching and looking perfect. We would go places and I would see these little girls in adorable outfits and their hair all done and I would be so jealous. My daughter always insists on wearing mismatched clothes and never lets me do her hair. Now it doesn't bother me anymore. I'm letting her be who she wants to be. Don't get me wrong, I don't let her leave the house with food all over her face and her hair looking like it's never been brushed. I have found a healthy balance.The more rational and calm and firm I have been with them the better behaved they are.

As I was cleaning I had a sink full of nasty mop water (yes I emptied it and filled it with clean water like every 3 minutes). Anyways, my son walked over and put his bowl in the sink of mop water. My first response, "Son, you just put your bowl in nasty, dirty mop water!" Rationality kicked in and I thought "How on earth would he know there was dirty water in there." I took a deep breath and then said, "Thank you for putting your bowl in the sink! I didn't even have to ask you to!"

Okay, enough rambling, back to cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment