Monday, February 1, 2010

2/1/10

And the results are....

I'm coming to the conclusion that I have had bad luck with doctors for the past 13 or so years! Seriously.... I will mention a problem I am having to a doctor and they always brush it off as nothing. Okay, I am NOT a doctor and if they are telling me it's nothing then it must not be a big deal. It took 13 years and 5 doctors to diagnose my PCOS.

During my last visit with James I mentioned another problem I have. Again, I've told doctors about it and have gotten no where. James brings up the fact that it is NOT normal and there must be something actually wrong. Part of my homework was to do some research and see what I could find out. I've been thinking about it, but just haven't gotten around to search online about it until Sunday. It took 1 web site and I was able to figure out what was wrong from a mile away. I laughed as I read about "Vaginismus". I don't even know how to pronounce that. And the really "This is so what is wrong with me" info part- It has several possible causes, including past sexual trauma or abuse. Wow, who would of guessed?

Then as I read symptoms, I keep thinking, "Why didn't my idiot doctor put 2 and 2 together?" As I have experienced the symptoms in front of him!!! But then again he did have a positive test result for PCOS, but it took another doctor review my records to find that! Sigh, I give up on doctors. They are either too dumb or too expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment