Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2/10/10

I don't know if I've posted about it or not, but during a visit with James we talked about my boundaries with my parents. I've been working on them over the past few months, but anyone that knows me knows that I'm not one to really take a stand. I don't have a lot of experience standing up for myself, especially with my parents!

A new boundary I set months ago was to not ride in the car when my Grandpa is driving. This is a big one! Most of the time when we go somewhere Brad and I opt for taking our own car to avoid this. Saturday night we were down visiting family and about to go out to dinner with my parents. My Grandma asked if we wanted to ride with them. This is the first time I've actually had to enforce this boundary. "Well, who is going to drive?" My Grandma said she would. I said, "Okay we will go you guys then". My Grandpa looked at me and asked, "What difference does it make?" I flat out told him, "I wouldn't go with you if you were driving!" He asked "What is that supposed to mean?" I don't remember if I actually said it or not, but I at least thought it, "You've been drinking!"

Yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment