Thursday, December 17, 2015

Last Visit

I had my last visit with Grace.

Even though I'm back on Prozac so much has changed. I think for the most part I have finally started TRYING! It was something Grace said to me a while back, "You can fight this." Just like that it sunk in. I can FIGHT this! I don't have to just give up and just accept it, I can FIGHT it. When the urge comes to just sleep, fight it. When I want to just sit and sulk, fight it. When I want to isolate myself, fight it.

Fighting through it at first it has now become habit. So often before if I were "talking" to someone I didn't engage much. They ask questions, I answered, the end.... Now things are different. I am pushing aside the wanting to isolate myself and I ask questions, I strike up conversations, I try to get to know others better. It is still different, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment