Sunday, December 13, 2015

12/13/15

One of the things I needed to do between sessions with Grace was talk to my new bishop. Several months ago while I was still seeing Joy and I needed to talk to my current Bishop I made Brad do all the talking. I was not looking forward to doing this (or forcing Brad to) all over again!

Thankfully I had 2 weeks in between to do it. The first week was our first day in the ward and I was feeling overwhelmed enough. The second week I knew I had to do it then! After Sacrament meeting we went to our Bishops office to see if we (I) could talk to him. At the time he was busy, but we ended up talking to his counselors for a while. While waiting we were asked to speak in sacrament meeting in a few weeks on the Atonement.

We were about to set a time to come back after church when the bishop walked by and asked if we wanted to talk to him. We went into his office and I was hoping Brad would once again do all the talking for me, but he didn't. It was actually a good thing. I did open up to out new bishop, Bishop H and it went well. He seems very laid back and was okay with everything going on. He also seemed to know/ get how the whole counseling thing works. Years ago with Bishop E he was so weird about it I was convinced I was the first person he had ever met or dealt with counseling before.

All in all, I'm glad I did talk to him and things went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment