Saturday, September 5, 2015

9/5/15

I'm sitting in my childhood bedroom wondering WHY on earth I thought it would be okay to come visit without Brad. I've been here 2 hours and I already regret it!!!!

1) Em told Grandma, "My brother is always telling me what to do!"
   Grandma, "That is just how men are!"
I literally bit my lip to not say something. So many things ran through my mind. I feel sorry for her that she believes that men are just controlling in nature. I hope Brad and I raise our daughter, and son, not to believe that! Also, how on earth did I NOT marry someone controlling and abusive?!?!?

2) My sweet little Brax likes to be super naughty when Brad isn't around. We went to store #2 and he would not listen to me. I always get down to my kids level, look them in the eye and talk to them. I told him that if he didn't start listening to me then we would go home. A few minutes later he hit me. I told Grandma, "I don't think we're going to be here more then 3 hours!" Her response, I'm overreacting! I flat out told her, "My son just HIT me. That is unacceptable behavior!"

3) At least once every 20 to 30 minutes she will give me dirty looks because of my parenting. I'm left here thinking, "Am I the horrible mother here?". No, no I am NOT. I am a good mom!

4) Grandma tells me, "Brax has a mean streak in him!" Me, "He just doesn't like to listen when Brad isn't around." Grandma, "I think he needs counseling!" He has no remorse for misbehaving!" Me, "Um, he is 4! He is just fine!" Seriously, I'm confused here. He hits me and she tells me I'm overreacting. Then she tells me he needs counseling because of his behavior?!?

Uggg. I'm so not going to make it 4 whole days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment