Friday, September 11, 2015

9/11/15

Over 6 years ago I was sitting my in doctors office begging him for a hysterectomy. He said no! As much as I have wanted one, I haven't dared ask for one since. Just over a year ago we started moving in that direction. My doctor, family physician, said he would give me a referral once we got health insurance. Last week I went back to him and got my referral! I just left the OBGN's office. I was so nervous he would tell me no yet again! I went there prepared to fight for a hysterectomy. I was expecting him to want to try something else, or hesitate. He literally walked in the room, looked at my paperwork and said, "You want a hysterectomy and you've adopted 2 kids. Okay, this is the type of hysterectomy I'll be doing and this is what the recovery will be like." I couldn't stop smiling. This is really happening!?!?!? I still can't believe it.

Things have been moving along so smoothly I keep waiting for something to go wrong. I had my pre-op ultrasounds yesterday. Surgery is in just over a week! I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas! I can not wait. I have to restrain myself from packing my bag for the hospital so soon.

I'm mostly still in shock.This is really, really,  really happening? I've been struggling with this for 19 years! Now every time I get cramps or my bleeding is bad it feels amplified because I know the end is sooooo near!

No comments:

Post a Comment