Tuesday, October 7, 2003

10/7/2003

I saw Joy today. I was so determined that I was going to actually talk to her. I prayed constantly the past few days that I will be able to do it. But inside I knew I wouldn’t. We went upstairs to her office and started talking. My homework:
  • Do something nice for dad
  • Try to change my dad's view of me
My thoughts afterwards:
Feeling lonely/ sad/ depressed. Get books on depression, abuse and cutting. 
Write a letter to Joy! 
  • Almost all my feelings (lonely, sad and so on) come from losing my mom.
  • Verbal abuse- get discouraged, feel worthless. I try to forget about it, hard to ignore, feel like I can't take it anymore, everything he does & says I have a hard time trusting people and talking. 
  • Cutting- been my main problem lately. Sister Parker has helped me not to. 
  • Being nice to dad doesn't help (long term). 
  • Having friends doesn't help.
  • Whenever dad says something, mom tells me not to tell anyone. 
  • Feelings don't last that long, sporadic

No comments:

Post a Comment