Tuesday, March 25, 2014

3/25/14

After group and deciding that I should/ need to go on anti-depressants I was anxious to do so. After all I've been putting it off for how long now? I decided to switch to a new doctor, I have not been 100% happy with any of the other doctors I've seen. I've already made an appointment and see him, yeah it was fast! So far, I'm really happy with him.

Last night I was stressing out about it. I can be rather quiet and sometimes it is still hard for me to just speak my mind, so I brought Brad with me because he is rather vocal. I called Brad last night to talk about what we wanted to see happen at the doctors appointment and what we were expecting. I get frazzled/ forgetful easily, so I sat down and made a list of all my questions and a list of my symptoms. 

I finally went in and saw my new doctor. So far, I'm impressed! 
6 years ago while dealing in counseling dealing with Jack stuff and on fertility medication I was really struggling. I finally admitted to my doctor, I need an anti-depressant! I told him it was due to the fertility medication. He didn't question anything and gave me a prescription.

Now, new doctor, Doctor P... The nurse asked me several questions regarding the depression before he came in. Then he came in and we chatted a little at first and then got down to the depression. He asked me to list my symptoms, so it was nice to hand him the list. Then he wrote down his plan of action. He listed different medications we can try and told me he usually recommended Prozac (which is what I was on before) and said it is safe to take long term. Which was one of my questions. The next thing he suggested was counseling. I explained that I've done counseling and I don't think it would be beneficial at this time. he totally got that and said it's just something to think about and maybe down the road I will feel the need for it. Lastly, he said to exercise...

My first day back on it I felt numb. After that I've felt great! I sleep better, I wake up and I am wide awake (I used to feel like I was in a fog), I feel more productive, I have more patience and I am happier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment