Friday, October 2, 2009

More Rules of a Dysfunctional Family

Brad comes from a pretty normal LDS family. 6 kids, Dad's been a bishop, you know the type... As normal as they can be I was surprised at how they handled something recently. As my mother-in-law explained it to me I sat there, scratching my head thinking, 'Maybe you guys need to see James and figure out how to communicate!' See if you can follow this- Mom and Dad (husband's that is) had some BIG news to tell their children and this is how they decided to tell them- they called child #4 and told them over the phone and asked if they could call and tell #3 and #6, and tell #6 to call and tell #1. They told #5 in person and asked #5 to send a text message to #2 to tell them! Really? This just seems crazy to me. I am always saying the wrong thing and offending his family so we'll how much drama me posting this causes!

Okay, so how would I of done it in their shoes? I would have called each of my children individually and told them each about it myself. Yes, I know it's hard and I'm sure you don't want to repeat it 6 times. Or- I would e-mail each of them and then call to make sure they know the e-mail is coming! See, it's not that hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment