Wednesday, March 25, 2015

3/25/15

I hit rock bottom, in a sense, yesterday... I always say I'd rather eat foods that I love and die young then eat healthy food ALL the time and live a long life. I love Coke, junk food, eating out. I also enjoy salads and healthy foods, but not all the time. I also can't eat junk food all the time. Several years ago we were in Chicago for my brother-in-laws wedding. We were traveling a lot and eat out for breakfast, lunch and dinner every. single. day. One day I hit my breaking point and went to a grocery store to get an apple and herbal tea for dinner because I couldn't stomach another fast food place!

So, that's my background story on the topic. Last year when I started seeing Dr. P for my depression he told me there were 3 things I needed to do: Take my medication, go to counseling and exercise 60 minutes a day, everyday. At first I did great! In fact, I told like 10 to 15 pounds the first few months. Then the horrible side effect of my medication caught up with me, forcing me to temporarily stop. Ever since then I haven't exercised regularly again. I know, I need to get back to it.

Well, the other day I took my kids on a walk and after decided to weigh myself. I guess it's a good thing we don't own an actual scale. I use our Wii U Fit as my "scale". I've gained 12 POUNDS, TWELVE since January! Even my husband looked shocked when I told him.

That was my turning point. Or so I'm hoping. Last summer I tried to cut back on soda, only to realize that when I stopped drinking soda, I wasn't replacing it with anything else. So I went right back to it. It might not seem like a big deal, but I bought a case of water today. My goal is to actually cut back the soda and drink 3 to 4 bottles of water a day and just maybe start exercising again.

I thought working from home I would have all sorts of time on my hands, turns out I'm just as busy. In fact I have started to turn done quite a bit of business. Going from 2 people running it to just me has been so overwhelming for me. I don't know where I was going with this, so I'll just end there for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment