Thursday, April 1, 2004

Spring 2004

The untold story... I just realized that I never wrote it in my journal and thus it hasn't made it way into a blog post. So many times growing up I wondered if maybe I was just crazy. Maybe I imagined the abuse or blew things out of proportion. After all, no one else ever saw that side of dad. Then something happened that made me realize that I did NOT making it up. My aunt called me to give me directions and the time of her grand daughter's baby blessing. While talking to her she told me, "I gave direction to your dad, but he couldn't find the chapel on a map. I tried explaining that it is new, on a new street and it wouldn't be on a map. He told him turn by turn how to get there so he wouldn't even need to find directions.  He told me I was giving him wrong directions on purpose because I don't want him to be there and I don't want him to join the church! I've never seen him like this before!" All I could do was laugh and tell her, "Oh, he's like that ALL the time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment