Monday, November 2, 2015

11/2/15

During a trip to my grandparents I had something for Hayley. Of course we are in town and they are out of town. She told me to drop it off at her parents house. A few of the items were a surprise for her dad, so I found an envelope and sealed everything in there. I made sure to write To Hayley From Dawn so they wouldn't open it. As I looked at the envelope it flashed me back to when we were 18.

The Envelope... I don't remember how it started but Hayley and I had this envelope that we sent back and forth to each other. I honestly can not remember what I ever sent her. I still have some of the things she sent me. The one thing I will never forget is the "heart attack". I posted about that here too.
And this post, here, about our Happy Nothing Day.

Looking back on my teenage years with Hayley I realized, our friendship and life as teenagers together was amazing! We never do anything illegal, we found pleasure having fun doing simple things! The friendship we had and the things we did helped counterbalance the struggles at home.

As we drove home I thought about some of the fun and crazy things we did.
I can't remember if someone told us about this or if we made it up, but one of my favorite things to was play "Kick Off". We would swing at the park, kick our shoes off to see who's went the farthest. Loser had to get the shoes.

The funniest thing I think we ever did- we dared our friend "Toby" to ask people (strangers) for a piece of gum. As we drove around he would ask people on the sidewalk when we stopped at a light. He had to of asked nearly 50 people, if not more. As we were starting to give up and on our way home someone finally gave him one! Maybe it is one of those things that you had to been there, but the way he asked and people's reactions were hysterical!

It amazes me how we have stayed close over the years, even through all the fights and arguments we had! For a while we didn't talk much just because we had 2 different lives. We lived 600 miles apart, I was married with a kid while she was single. Now we are both married with kids and live closer together then we have in 13 years! We see each other as often as we can and our husbands are also great friends.

Coincidentally we were driving home Hayley texted me saying they were going to be passing through our town on their way home around the same time we were going to be getting home!

No comments:

Post a Comment