Monday, September 28, 2015

9/28/2015

Do you ever feel like everything always goes wrong? Nothing seems to go right, ever!

This is how I have felt for so very long. When my doctor agreed to do a hysterectomy, without me even having to fight for it, I was shocked. Things moved along fast and smoothly. Then I had my bump in the road, I got a cold. I got over it so fast, which never happens. I kept waiting for something to go really wrong.

An hour before surgery I had to take a pregnancy test to make sure I wasn't pregnant! I was freaking out that it would come out positive, it didn't! Don't get me wrong, I would be happy I was pregnant, but bummed I couldn't move forward with the hysterectomy as planned. The surgery did start an hour late. Everything went great. Nothing at all went wrong.

I also had this fear that my doctor would tell me my uterus was in perfect condition and there was no reason I shouldn't have been able to get pregnant. I feared if I heard that I would regret getting the hysterectomy. I felt like if I knew that I would always live with these "what if's". What if we waited a few months and I was able to get pregnant in that time? Needless to say I was happy the next morning when my doctor told me, "It was nasty! Normally I can cut through them like butter, not yours. It was just horrible." I couldn't have been happier hearing that.

I've been in less pain than I anticipated, also surprising. I have been sore, but not that bad.
Everything went so smoothly, so perfectly. For the first time in a long time everything has been perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment