Friday, September 18, 2015

9/18/2015

Everything was going along so smoothly with my hysterectomy. So smoothly that I was just waiting for something to go wrong!

Day 1) I decided I was 100% ready for a hysterectomy. Called and made a doctors appointment.
Day 2) Saw Dr. P and got my referral for Dr. B
Day 3) Called Dr. B's office and got appointment
Day 9) Appointment with Dr. B, now to just set a date.
Day 15) Dr. B's office calls and sets date for Day 27!!!! They call my insurance to make sure they will cover it, I thought for sure they would fight it, after all I've only been covered by them for 3 months. Nope, no problem there they will cover it (well, 70% of it!)
Day 16) Pre-op ultrasound
Day 18) I wake up with a sore throat, I pass it off as I forgot my allergy medication the day before. By the end of the day I realize it is not going away and this is a cold!

I had read in one of the many articles I researched that even a cold can postpone surgery. I of course am freaking out! No, it is so close, I will NOT postpone it! Hayley happened to be visiting and she is all about the essential oils! She told me which ones to use to help. I seriously did everything under the sun- essential oils, cold medicine, Netti Pot, lots of juice and water, lots of rest. When I get a cold it always hits me hard. It last for weeks! It started 9 days before surgery, there was no way it would be gone in time.

Needless to say, this has been my mildest and shortest cold EVER. Last night as I was thinking about this I though, nothing in my life ever goes smoothly, something always goes wrong. Things were going so well of course Heavenly Father had to throw me this bump in the road. It wasn't going to mess up my plans, but boy was I worried it would. I'm not usually the most optimistic person, but from the second I realized it was a cold I was determined that I would be better before my surgery! Somehow, someway I would force myself to be better in time! And I am!

5 days to go....

At 3 days to go I had my appointment with the pre-op nurse. She asked me so many questions about my cold, she had this look on her face like she wanted to postpone surgery, but I convinced her it was gone!

Not gonna lie, I still had a little cough when I went in for surgery. Oddly enough afterwards my cough was completely gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment