Friday, November 24, 2017

Flashes

As I was getting ready to write a post I flashed back to high school. Maybe I flashed back because the feelings and emotions right now are so raw and feel much the same as they did back then.

I remember one day in English class, I don't remember what brought me to that point, but I vividly recall sitting in class bawling my eyes out. My teacher, trying to understand what was going on, asked why I was crying. I don't think I brought up my dad (grandpa). I remember telling her that my mom (grandma) wasn't there for me. That when I tried talking to my mom she would get halfway through a sentence, stop talking and walk away. My teacher, trying to be supportive, but had no clue what was really going on, told me that sometimes adults start saying something and then they realize it's not appropriate for kids and then stop. I didn't blame her for not understanding. I was super vague and didn't even bring up the deeper issue that was my dad.

Are you ready for the kicker? My teacher... was my aunt/ sister-in-law! So, when I said "my mom" I was talking about her mother-in-law!

No comments:

Post a Comment