Friday, June 20, 2003

6/20/2003

Letter from Dad: "I have to figure out how to reconnect with my spiritual side. The interest and enthusiasm has waned. Some of it has been due to your mother's health and the pressure of raising a couple of teenagers."

Journal entry:
After I told Sister Parker I needed to talk to her I showed her what I had written.  "My dad's letter really hurt me. I didn't realize it until now how much it hurt. In it he said that one of the reasons he has not joined the church and has gone down spiritually is from raising my sister and I. I have tired my hardest to be an example to my parents. I try to tell him tings I have learned about the gospel, but they don't care. What have I don't that is so wrong? How could I have turned him from the church? Now all the pain is back, I feel like I can't take him anymore."

After Sister Parker read it she just hugged me and told held me close to her. She told me over and over again "That is not true. Don't believe him. Believe me! That is NOT true!"

No comments:

Post a Comment