Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4/26/11

I made it through the weekend visiting my grandparents. I never know which way it going to go- good or bad! It was a great visits, aside from him being a jerk. Sunday he was being grumpy, Em was sleeping and all of a sudden I hear him storm out of the house and slam the door, waking up Em! I went out and asked my grandma “What is he mad about now? His door slamming woke up the baby!” (okay, she’s almost 1 ½, but she’s my baby). Grandma, “Nothing’s wrong, he just went outside!” She often lies about his anger. Uggg, I really don’t like him! Brad and I also think that the alcohol has really messed up his brain! He just isn't all there mentally!

My grandma did mention her “group”. She attends an addiction and living with family members with addiction group. She mentions it once in a while. Everytime I mention counseling she refuses to think about it. I didn’t go there this time. Sometimes I just don’t know what to say to her, other than asking how her group is and telling her that’s good she going. I wish I could do more, but I can’t force her into something.

Sometimes I forget what I lived in. How on Earth did I make it through that! Sometimes I think, “How can my grandma keep doing it?” Other times I think, “She’s stronger than me for staying!” It wasn’t the first chance I had, but once things got bad enough I was out of there! She’s been married to him for almost 60 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment